This was our first holiday in Bright with our Cruiser and we couldn’t believe that the place we had been visiting for a while now could be SO DIFFERENT! WOW! WOW! WOW! Same place. New adventures.
About the Goldie Spur Track
We headed out to Myrtleford and then off towards Lake Buffalo to get to the start of the track. If we didn’t have 1 small passenger needing a sleep, Lake Buffalo would have been a great spot to get out and have a swim or a picnic. It’s just beautiful. On a scorching 40 deg, it would have been a great idea!
The Goldie Spur track is rated EASY with one section MEDIUM. We don’t recall which bit that was because it clearly wasn’t an issue for the LandCruiser.
Goldie Spur Track Highlights
– Climbing up the adjacent ranges and having Mt Buffalo’s ‘Horn’ centre stage of the windscreen
– Viewing the Horn parallel from the top of the adjacent ranges
– Stopping on the road to have 180 deg views across the ranges. The top picture was my absolute highlight.
– Driving around Lake Buffalo. Beautiful place!
A Few Things We’d Do Differently Next Time
– I’d do the track in the reverse order just so we’d finish at Lake Buffalo for a swim
– If I didn’t reverse the direction – I’d turn right at Buckland Valley and head to Ahn Young’s camping area for a swim. That place is the best!!!
– I’d have lunch at the top and sit with a coffee for awhile to just take it all in. x1 small child woke up and we needed to keep driving.
The Goldie Spur Track was the highlight of our week in Bright. Put it on your list!
4WD Tracks Around Bright – Goldie Spur The Goldie Spur Track – A fantastic adventure encircling Mt Buffalo Bright-Myrtleford-Lake Buffalo-Buckland Valley-Bright Facebook Twitter Google-plus All I could see was the breathtaking view across the ranges as I closed my eyes … Read More
Bright Victoria – Property Owner Secrets to Getting the Best Price for your Holiday How can you make sure you are paying the best price? The answer isn’t Trivago… Finding out your paid over $180 more than you needed to … Read More